Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Kuwait?
Recipients will get more dinars for the same amount of dollars when sending money to Kuwait from Australia using an online international money transfer service because of their more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Kuwait from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Kuwait
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Kuwait.
First time sending?
How to send money to Kuwait from Australia
Money transfer services offer a quick, easy, and affordable way to send money to Kuwait from Australia. This step-by-step guide will show you how it works if you've never used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can transfer money to Kuwait.
- Make your transfer. Once you have opened an account, you can make a money transfer by providing the recipient's name, bank account details and the amount you wish to send.
- Configure a transfer. Configure how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. You’ll see exactly how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You can fund your account with a bank transfer, debit card, credit card, or cash. How you fund the transfer will affect how long it takes for the transaction to complete.
- Confirm the details, send, and track. Share the reference number or tracking link with the recipient so they can track the transfer progress.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Kuwait from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged to arrange cash to be collected.
- Delivery fee. Charged to arrange cash to be delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest on the transaction applies separately.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get. Its impact is less noticeable on smaller remittances.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Kuwait from Australia
There are other ways to send money to Kuwait if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If you and the recipient are already set up with wallets, crypto, can be a very cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin gives the recipient a certain amount of protection from fluctuations in price, which is not the case if sending Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money. They’re also comparatively slow. Once the recipient receives the money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. Located in most large towns and cities. Helpful for recipients that need cash quickly. Check that there is a location near the recipient where they can collect the funds.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Kuwait?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Kuwait if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Kuwait from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Kuwait from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Kuwait from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Kuwait via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Kuwait from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Kuwait with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Kuwait from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Kuwait from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.