Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Latvia?
Recipients will get more euros if you send money to Latvia from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Latvia from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Latvia
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Latvia.
First time sending?
How to send money to Latvia from Australia
Money transfer services offer a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Latvia from Australia. This step-by-step process explains how it works if you haven’t used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services to transfer money to Latvia.
- Create an account. This usually involves providing some personal information and proof of identification.
- Configure the transfer. You’ll need to provide the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if that’s where you want funds delivered), and how much money to send. Depending on the service used, it may be possible to choose how funds will be delivered to the recipient.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. The funding options include bank transfer, debit card, credit card, or cash. The method you choose will affect how long it takes for the money to reach the recipient.
- Confirm details and send money. Depending on the delivery method, the recipient will be notified that the funds are available to collect, or they will be deposited in their bank account. You may wish to share the reference number with the recipient since it may be required when collecting money.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Latvia from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest applies separately.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Latvia from Australia
There are a few different ways to send money to Latvia if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price like they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money. They’re also one of the slowest. Once the recipient receives the money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. Located in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient so they can collect the funds.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Latvia?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Latvia if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Latvia from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Latvia from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Latvia from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Latvia via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Latvia from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Latvia with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Latvia from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Latvia from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.