- Additional cardholders. Give up to 4 of your friends and family an additional card at no extra cost, helping to maximise the rewards-earning potential. The main account holder will need to manage the credit limit and make sure repayments are on time.
- Digital wallets. Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay are all compatible with this card.
- Gambling transactions. Transactions classified as gambling will be blocked.
Rewards and benefits
- Complimentary travel insurance. Cardholders have access to complimentary international travel insurance for you, your partner, and dependents up to 25 years old. Valid for domestic and international travel when you pay for the trip using your card. Also includes medical emergency expenses cover up to $2,500,0001, transport accidents cover up to $400,000, travel cancellations cover up to $12,500, up to $10,000 cover for loss or damage to baggage, money, or documents, and travel inconvenience cover up to $200 if your flight is delayed.
- Concierge services. The American Express Qantas Ultimate Credit Card does not include a concierge service.
- Insurances. Comes with purchase and refund protection, plus a fraud protection guarantee from unauthorized transactions.
- Lounge access. Get two passes for The Centurion® Lounge airports each year. Cardholders also get two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations after your first Card spend each anniversary year when you use your card to pay for selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
- Rewards points. Cardholders can earn 2.25 Qantas points per $1 spent on eligible Qantas products and services, then 1.25 Qantas points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases. Payments to government bodies in Australia earn 0.5 Qantas points per $1 spent. Annual fees, cash advances, interest, fees, and charges for traveler's cheques and foreign currencies will not earn points.
- Sign-up bonus. Receive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online by 31 October 2023, are approved, and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Travel credit. Get $450 of Qantas Travel Credit to book eligible domestic and international Qantas flights. Bookings must be made via American Express Travel.
Rates and fees
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $450.
- Balance transfers. There is no balance transfer offer on this card at this time.
- Cash advances. Cash advances will be charged interest at the cash advance interest rate of 23.99% p.a. An additional fee will also be incurred. Cash advances will begin accruing interest from the date of the transaction.
- Foreign exchange fee. Purchases made in a foreign currency while shopping online or when travelling overseas will incur a 3% foreign transaction fee.
- Interest-free period. This card offers an interest-free period of up to 44 days on purchases — except cash advances — if you have paid off your previous balance in full.
- Purchases. The interest rate for purchases is 23.99% p.a., which can be avoided by paying the balance off in full. There is no introductory offer.