Although there are no Australian credit cards that directly earn Asia Miles, you can earn credit card rewards points and convert them to Asia Miles with relative ease. Here's how it works.
How to compare credit cards that earn Asia Miles
When comparing credit cards for Asia Miles, there are a few key factors to consider, including the following.
- Earning rates. This is the rate you earn points per dollar spent on the card. The higher the earn rate, the better.
- Conversion rates. This is the ratio of credit card rewards points it takes to get one point in Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. Varies between credit card rewards programs.
- Annual fees. Apart from the ability to earn points, do the card's benefits outweigh the annual fee?
- Perks. Some credit cards offer additional perks such as travel insurance, airport lounge access, or exclusive discounts. These can add value to your card, but make sure they align with your travel needs.
Converting credit card rewards points to Asia Miles
Several Australian credit cards earn rewards points that can be transferred to Asia Miles, a process that is easy and fast.
- Log into your rewards account and select Asia Miles as your preferred redemption option.
- Enter the number of points you want to convert.
- Submit the form and wait for the points to deposit in your Asia Miles account.
How long it takes for points to show up in your Asia Miles account may vary between rewards programs.
Pros and cons
- Convenience. Earning Asia Miles with a credit card is convenient and one of the only ways to rack up Asia Miles with everyday spending in Australia.
- Additional perks. Additional benefits such as travel insurance and airport lounge access are commonly available.
- Flexibility. Cathay Pacific Asia Miles is typically not the only airline transfer partner available, giving you more options to redeem points for flights.
- Annual fees. Expect to pay one if you want to earn credit card points that can be converted to Asia Miles.
- Conversion rate. One point in your credit card rewards program does not necessarily convert to one point with Asia Miles.
- High criteria. Asia Miles-earning cards are not the easiest to get approved for.
Can I earn Asia Miles with any credit card?
Most rewards credit cards in Australia do not earn points directly with Asia Miles, but several rewards programs have Asia Miles as an airline transfer partner.
Are there any cards that offer bonus Asia Miles?
Yes, if you sign up for a credit card with a sign up bonus that has Asia Miles as an airline transfer partner.